Wednesday, August 24, 2016

So finally a win!

Kudos to Indigo Shire Council.  I contacted them on Friday and the end result today is that I now have an email from the most helpful and understanding person....telling me we can proceed with taking out the tree!  This means our latest estimate will be reduced substantially.  Phew.

We just need to get a permit (that the builders standardly have to get to put the crossover in).  I was kinda hoping council would agree to removing it...but I can't have everything.  I think we'll ask the people who do the site cut to push it over.

I've added some photos of said tree....as you can see it's pretty horrible!

We will, of course, replace it, but we'll do that down the long side of our block rather than the short side which the Council agree with.  They will also give me a list of the trees they would prefer planted.

Now....for signing our contracts early next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment